Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- David Naylor Launches Robots.txt File Builder
Many people screw up their robots.txt file and deny the search engine spiders access to their sites. Dave thought it would be a great idea to create a central site where people can have their robots.txt file created and stored to ensure good interaction with the spiders.
- Google Changing Tune on Performics?
Google's no longer saying it has "no plans" to sell off Performics, once it acquires DoubleClick.
- Charlie Rose To Host First Live Online Presidential Debates
Yahoo along with the Huffington Post and Slate will host two presidential debates during the 2008 campaign.
- Unica's Steve O'Brien on Cross Channel Integration
Cross channel integration is an area of great focus for Unica, and Steve made some great observations as to why it's important.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Win a Pass to ClickZ Specifics: Web Metrics in NYC on May 2, ClickZ
- SES New York 2007 - wrap up, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Is Web Analytics Hurting Paid Search?, SEM Geek
- Social Media Optimization: Are SEOs Part of the Problem?, Search Engine Roundtable
- has sma-uk gone?, Threadwatch
- Is social networking dead? Nope. We've only just seen the beginning. Here's why, Sensemaking
- UPDATE: Performics President Responds to Speculation Over Google - Performics Dissolution Rumor, Pepperjam Blog
- Happy National Look Alike Day, SEO Industry, Small Business SEM
- Do We Want to Measure Time Spent?, Biznology
- Google Facing FTC Privacy Complaint, Marketing Pilgrim
- Relationship Brokering in SEO, SEO Hotline
- An Interview with Lisa Barone, Karl Ribas
- SEO Algorithm Roundup: AOL, Ask, Google, Live, & Yahoo!, SEO Theory