Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Semel Ousted as Yahoo CEO
Embattled Yahoo CEO and Chairman Terry Semel has been replaced as CEO by Yahoo founder Jerry Yang. Susan Decker has been named Yahoo's president.
- Latin American Market Poised for Growth
Speaking at Search Engine Strategies Latino today in Miami, Gonzalo Alonso, Google's general manager for Spanish-speaking Latin America, said that Google sees huge potential in the Latin American market.
- Update on SES Advisory Board
We've also got some great people coming forward to offer their voice on the SES Advisory Board, but there's still time to have your voice heard.
- Google Launches Public Policy Blog
Google now has a public policy blog, to keep the world abreast of its endeavors in Washington.
- Searching Through Widget Content
Many embedded flash widgets are injected onto MySpace and now Facebook pages. But what happens when you want to actual search them? Not much.
- SEW Experts: The Five Characteristics of Highly Effective PPC Specialists
As anyone in the search marketing industry can tell you, talent is scarce. If you can find one with all these traits, hire him/her on the spot.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Shopping Search Has a New, User-Friendly Interface, ClickZ
- Microsoft Renames IPTV Platform ‘Mediaroom'; Adds PC-TV Media Sharing; Opens Platform, paidContent
- YouTube Mobile Is Live, NewTeeVee
- SEO.com (The Domain Name) Sells For $5 Million, Threadwatch
- Action Items for the Engines from the SMX Conference, SEOmoz
- SES Toronto and the Canadian Search Landscape, SEOmoz
- SES Latino : Talking Search Marketing in Miami, Search Engine Journal
- Canadian Search Marketing: Impending Hockey Stick?, Traffick
- The relevant link myth, SEO Theory
- 'Local Search Advertising: Challenges and Opportunities' Revisited, Search Engine Land
- Ad-Supported Directory Assistance Patent Granted, ClickZ
- Random House - Widgets and Web Services Done Right, Read/Write Web
- Is It OK that Google Owns Us?, eWeek
- Google AdWords: Now with IP Exclusion, SearchViews
- The story behind Microsoft's 'Mediaroom' brand, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog