Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Matt Cutts Shares SEO Tips for Bloggers
Matt Cutts, the Google engineer and public face of the search engine's spam-fighting team, has posted some SEO tips for bloggers that he first shared in a WordCamp 2007 presentation last month.
- Microsoft's aQuantive Acquisition to Close Soon
Microsoft's intended acquisition of aQuantive moved a step closer to completion when the shareholders of aQuantive approved the acquisition yesterday.
- Google Statement on Custom Search Blog Incident
The hard part of this is that most people who get caught in this net by accident won't have the access and credibility that the Google Custom Search Blog team had to get their issue addressed.
- Fit or Fat -- It's Up To Your Network?
Researchers have now scientifically proven the effect of social networks -- providing hard data about how “unstated” interests are shared among participants.
- SEW Experts: Don't Be An SEO Alien
Rob Kerry has some practical advice for in-house SEOs, and it doesn't have to do with following Best Practices.
- SEW Experts: Choosing Partnerships for Your Video Search Marketing
Grant Crowell tells you how to select and work with a professional video production partner as well as the importance of choosing a video host for displaying your videos.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Which Test First?, ClickZ
- Ask.com's Jim Lanzone Interviewed, Would Like 10% of Google Share, Search Engine Roundtable
- Understanding the Keyword Density Curve, Bruce Clay Blog
- Is Moving Worth the Hassle?, Search Engine Guide
- New Google Adwords Formula = Just Pay Us More, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Why Are CPC Prices so High?, SEO Book
- Search Marketing Industry Shake-up Imminent, 15 Digital Marketing
- SEO Benchmarking Ideas, E-Marketing Performance
- How Important Is the Yahoo Directory?, SEO-Space
- Time to Look at MSN Live Search, Pronet Advertising
- Yahoo Rumor Patrol: MySpace, Nope! Google? Maybe So., BoomTown
- SEO Interview Questions - Part II, The Mad Hat
- The rules of SEO Idiocy, SEO Theory