Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, DoubleClick: Myths and Facts
The ups and downs of Google's purchase of DoubleClick has created a lot of misinformation. Detailing what is happening may help people get a better grasp on the situation and an understanding of the inner fight going on in the industry.
- Kim Krause Berg Podcast, Usability and SEO
Eric Enge and Kim Krause Berg discuss usability issues with web sites, and the strong link between usability and SEO.
- E-consultancy offers free social media briefing for the UK
The folks at e-consultancy have put together a free briefing on social media in the UK.
- SEW Experts: Inside Google Zeitgeist: Google's Annual Partner Summit
If you're just now starting to think about how search and your organization (or internal search department) impact the 2008 planning process, you're a little late to the game.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Online Marketing Crimes and Misdemeanors, ClickZ
- PPC Not Dead After All?, ClickZ
- Remove Spam from Google Blog Search, Google Operating System
- iyp vs. sem: which silo are you on?, Evans Ink
- The "Echo Boomers" Generation in Search Marketing, SEM Geek
- Search in an ecosystem of friends and predators, Think About Search
- Problems with Anchor Text as a Ranking Signal, Ramblings About SEO
- Measuring User Engagement, with Examples from Yahoo, SEO by the Sea
- The Worst Way To Ask For A Link, Search Engine Land
- User Generated Content Doesn't Work For Everyone, Read/Write Web
- Do You Want Your Ancillary Pages in Googles Index, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- How Will Advertising Influence Mobile Web Growth?, StayGoLinks
- Give the Google Content Network another try, John W. Ellis