Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Do You Know What's Really Causing Your Results?
Sometimes, gains in ROI from a PPC campaign could have been even better, if you could identify the point of diminishing returns.
- Report: UK Small Businesses Shy Away from Search
A majority of small businesses in the U.K. are not investing in search marketing, but those who do are seeing an increase in sales.
- Yahoo Adds 9 Asian Countries To Mobile Search
Yahoo is now offering its mobile search product in Chinese and has added nine new partners in the Asian market.
- Live Search Shopping Feature Commentary
The Live Search blog highlighted some additional aspects of their shopping search engine.
- SEW Experts: How To Choose an SEO Agency and Why
When pricing SEO services, many companies have a hard time getting a handle on what they should pay.
- SEW Experts: Keywords First - New Web Site Second
Where do you start once you have an idea for a new online venture? If your goal is to build it and they will come, then you need to start with keyword research.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Quantcast Brings on CMO, Expands Outreach to Publishers, Advertisers, ClickZ
- Engagement: The Definition Debate, ClickZ
- Death, Social Media, and Remembrance, ClickZ
- Google is Changing the Definition of a "Click" on AdSense Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Microsoft launches Live Search Webmaster Portal beta, LiveSide
- The Web in Google's Mobile Browser, Google Operating System
- Face Off: Facial Recognition Search Engines, Alt Search Engines
- Past Time For MSN To Pony Up To The Real Truth About Referrer Spam, SEO Scoop
- Yahoo on Search Advertising and Behavioral Targeting, SEO by the Sea
- The Role of B2B SEO in the Buying Cycle, B2B SEO
- Voters Are Searching But Campaigns Aren't Advertising: Analyzing PPC Results for 50,000+ Google & Yahoo Political Searches, Rimm Kaufman Group