Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- What Can Local Learn from Universal Search?
Local content providers can learn a bit about self-promotion by following the search engines' lead.
- Using Google Trends to target cities with press releases
A simple yet clever strategy to make sure that your press releases are seen by cities and regions that are looking for your specific keywords.
- Only Searchable At Your Library
While I'm a big fan of libraries and even remote access for patrons, it's troubling that the public-at-large cannot access these holdings -- or quickly discover them through commonly used search engines.
- Myth Busting: Affiliate Marketing
There is a persistent belief out there by many that affiliate marketing is bad. The truth is that it's all in the packaging, and whether or not your site adds any value.
- Vanessa Fox is on the Move
Vanessa Fox, formerly the driving force (and friendly face) behind Google Webmaster Central, is on the move again.
- SES Webcast Today: How Large Enterprises Effectively Integrate Paid & Natural Search Marketing
The one-hour session, part of the Search Engine Strategies Webcasts series, focuses on what the best and brightest CMOs are doing right -- and why no corporations have the answer yet.
- SEW Experts: Bid Management Lookback Options
One of the key factors when using bid management tools is how far back in time you need to look at the data to get meaningful results for each keyword
- SEW Experts: Understanding the Global Search Marketplace - Part 1
The search world is expanding. Global players like Google, Yahoo, Baidu and Microsoft are competing to be the single resource for accessing information.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Power Searchers Do and Don't Tell Us About User Behavior, ClickZ
- M:Metrics Launches Mobile Ad Tracking Service, ClickZ
- Dynamic Ads in VOD: Slouching Towards Emergence, ClickZ
- Advertising Placements by Industry and Top Sponsored Links, October 2007, ClickZ
- Zillow Teams With Yahoo's Newspaper Consortium – Without Yahoo!, The Local Onliner
- SEO Press Releases for Local Search, Local SEO Guide
- Business.com Research Reveals B2B Search Marketing Best Practices, Bill Hartzer
- Publish Your Full RSS Feed and Build Links at the Same Time, Bill Hartzer
- Google Transit trip planning in Europe, Google LatLong Blog
- Past Time For MSN To Pony Up To The Real Truth About Referrer Spam, SEO Scoop
- Surprise: eSnips May Monetize Better Than Digg, Read/Write Web
- Google's Paid Search vs. Organic Results – A Rickety Wall of Separation, Search Engine Guide
- Beyond Local Listings: Can you bring real local communities online?, LocalPoint
- The Google Advanced Search that Could Have Been, SEO by the Sea
- The State of the SEO Market in 2007, SEO Book
- How To Manage In-House SEO When Your Team Is Ignoring You, Search Engine Land
- View Wall Street Journal Online articles from Digg, Digg the Blog