Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Engine Optimization 2008: Silence of the Lambs?
Mike Grehan says that SEO is stuck in a time warp and not keeping up with the search engines themselves. What do you think?
- Search Engine Watch Welcomes Great New Blogger
Marty Weintraub, president of AimClear, joins our team of search marketing and social media optimization experts.
- iPhone Google Search News and Google iPhone Search News
Google announced new improvements to the "integrated Google experience" on iPhone. Call the GOOGiPhone upgrade what you like. It's still all about search.
- Facebook: Not Where To Search For All Lost Buddies
I don't believe that people-search is the key strength of Facebook, until critical mass is reached.
- SEW Experts: How To Use Google Site Exclusion Tool to Increase ROI
All Google AdWords content campaigns have dead wood. Google Content Network sites that display your ads but deliver few clicks or conversions rob you of profits.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Diminishing Value of the SEO Shop, ClickZ Experts
- Why Local Ads Aren't Coming Online, ClickZ Experts
- Hoping for Nevada Win, Obama Targets State Voters in Search Ads, ClickZ News
- Fast deal muddies Microsoft search strategy, Information World Review
- CES: Interview: Jeff Weiner, EVP-Network Division, Yahoo: ‘You'll See This Stuff In ‘08', paidContent
- Lecturer bans students from using Google and Wikipedia, The Argus
- Facebook: The Entire “60 Minutes” Segment, BoomTown
- Trying to Fine-Tune Yahoo, NY Times
- Microsoft executive changes, Don Dodge
- Live Search Maps for Wordpress, Windows Live Maps Blog
- Google Responds to Search Engine Patent Lawsuit, Marketing Pilgrim
- There's No Such Thing As A Worthless Link, Search Engine Land