Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Property of Google? No! The Google of Property
Just when you thought the days of aspiring Googles had ended, vertical search took on a life of its own.
- Facebook Ads & Applications: Critical SEM Learning Curve
If your business or agency's search marketing department has dismissed Facebook applications & paid ads, as outside of your product's demographic, think again.
- SEW Experts: Inside AdWords and Contextual Advertising: The Tipping Point
Once the ugly stepchild of online ads, contextual advertising has shed its "remnant inventory" reputation.
- Facebook Drops Another Hurdle
Still looking for some attention from the social networks? Facebook delivered a new client library on Friday afternoon, which makes your widgets easier to launch in their ecosystem.
- Google Enigma: Code Cracked by Carr
Nick Carr asks the question every forward-thinking executive has top of mind: Should innovation-minded managers view Google as an exemplar – or a freak?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search and the Changing Face of Public Relations, ClickZ Experts
- Online Political Ad Spending Forecasts Lack Clarity, Consistency, ClickZ News
- Yahoo (YHOO) Going Forward With "Drastic" Layoffs--Source, Silicon Alley Insider
- Quintura Launches Site Search Widget, Software Abstractions
- Why SEOs should care about the US spectrum auctions, Distilled
- Little Miss Anti-Popularity Rides Again, SEO Chicks
- Gary Price on the Soul of Ask, Pandia
- Social search is all about trust, Venture Skills
- Page Not Found (error 404): Rules of Engagement, Webmama
- Modern SEO as Competitive Webmastering, Johnon.com
- Latest Interview: comScore's James Lamberti, Ramblings About SEO
- Google Shows More Results in the Local OneBox, Google Operating System
- Hints That Europe Will Let Google Buy DoubleClick, NYT Bits
- Why Local Businesses Should Be Like The Jerk, Search Engine Land
- When is Usability More Important than SEO?, Search Engine Guide