Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Maps User Reviews to Neighborhoods
Google Maps and Google Earth are teaming up to provide User Reviews and refinement by Neighborhood in local search results.
- Many See AdSense Income Dropping
We've been hearing and reading a lot of reports about decreased income from AdSense.
- Matt Cutts' Google NoIndex Discussion Gets Interesting
The ongoing discussion of the ways you can stop search engines from indexing specified pages and the use of the noindex meta tag was the topic of Matt Cutts blog the other day.
- Hilary Clinton Accused of Obama Turban Warfare in Universal Search
Blended search - the combination of the universal searches for Obama turban photo, Barack Obama news stories, YouTube Obama Girl videos and buzz-worthy blogs have created a political firestorm ignited by Internet search.
- Yahoo Buzz Launches
Yahoo, in desperate need of good buzz these days, today launched Yahoo Buzz, promising to uncover and deliver the most interesting and relevant content from Web sites across the Internet to the Yahoo homepage.
- Yahoo to Allow Publishers to Improve its Search Results
In another move toward openness, Yahoo is creating a platform to allow site owners to create plug-ins that its visitors can add to their Yahoo search accounts to see enhanced listings from that publisher in Yahoo Web search results.
- SEW Experts: Global SEO Strategy: Advanced Search for Large Enterprises
Many companies have chosen to expand overseas with the growing global economy. With this, each multinational must develop a search marketing strategy for each new international market, which also fits into a holistic global search strategy.
- SEW Experts: SEO Site Clinic: American Express
You might expect large companies to adhere to basic best practices in SEO, usability and accessibility. But you'd be wrong.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Social Media and Web 2.0, ClickZ Experts
- Overseas Search Execs Say Microsoft Should Look Beyond Yahoo, ClickZ News
- SMX West Day One Coverage, Search Engine Land
- Ask.com Adds More Sponsored Ads, Pushing Organic Results Below Fold, Search Engine Land
- The UK is not behind the US in Search, Andrew Girdwood
- Surprise, Surprise: SEO Works, Marketing Pilgrim
- Update To Google AdWords "Automatic Matching", Search Engine Roundtable
- How Depending on Quality Content Can Actually Cost You Links, Search Engine Land
- SEO Isn't Just For The Big Boys, SEO Scoop
- Don't try this at work! 8 things NOT to do with your web analytics, Endless Plain
- Organizational Structure of a Search Team, Shimon Sandler