Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- How to Go Beyond Linkbait : SES NYC
Reciprocal links - good or bad? If done properly, they can still be a good SEO tactic.
- Microsoft in Hot Pursuit of Google
At the Mix08 Conference in Las Vegas, Microsoft loudly declared its intentions to increase its share of the search market.
- Yahoo Maps Announces Updates
Yahoo Maps announced Wednesday that an update was rolled out, which includes several data and style improvements.
- Pentagon Bans Google Mapping Vehicles from Military Bases
The Pentagon has banned Google from driving their mapping vehicles on military bases after detailed street views of Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas, appeared on Google Maps.
- Why Digg's Worth $200 Million or More to Google
Digg IPO? No. Digg FSBO. For Sale By Owner. Again. The auction for social search engine Digg begins when Microsoft and Google make their bid.
- SEW Experts: Has Google Already Won?
With the imminent demise of Yahoo and Ask.com, Google seems to have cemented its near-total control of search. The monopolization of our industry is fast becoming a reality, and yet the users of search are oblivious.
- SEW Experts: Sales and Your Search Marketing Agency - Part 1
Now that you know how to win the right search marketing clients, it's time to look at one of the most important areas of your business -- how to make sales.
- SEW Experts: Social Media Meets Local Search
Despite the growing traffic to social networks, local search tools for users of those sites are surprisingly few and far between. That doesn't mean you shouldn't stay active in those communities.
- AdWords Announces, Explains Load Time Usage In Quality Score
The AdWords blog just announced the details of the inclusion of page load times in calculating Quality Score.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Everything I know about Social Media I saw in a British Pub, Site Logic
- Google will have 90% search market share in the US one year from now, Calacanis.com
- Who will stop Google from going to 90% market share?, Skrentablog
- Pull PR - Combining SEO and Public Relations, Online Marketing Blog
- In-house SEO Startup Guide, SEM In-House
- Sometimes Fixing a Site Means Breaking It First, Search Engine Guide
- Search's Impact on Brand Metrics, ClickZ Experts
- Utah Pleases Google with Trademark Law Change, Frustrates Utah's 1-800 Contacts, ClickZ News
- Social Networking and E-mail Marketing Converge, ClickZ Experts
- Average Search CPC Data by Category for February 2008, ClickZ Stats