Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Conversion Rates & The Value Of Outsourcing SEM/SEO
According to a new study, outsourced conversion rates are much higher. It may be that agencies that are specialists in a particular area see a wide cross-section of accounts and industries among their clients, and thus should be able to do a better job.
- Google Ad Clicks Up, Down and Flat in Feb., Depending on Who You Ask
According to today's headlines, clicks on Google ads are dropping, flattening and experiencing a slowdown in growth - all at the same time!
- Google Launches YouTube Insight - Google Analytics Lite
Today Google video search engine YouTube launched a free Web analytics tool. Think Google Analytics Lite: it's essentially a way to see how popular a video is over time combined with a global map that shows where it's popular.
- SEW Experts: Creating a Link Building System
We, as industry insiders, often lose the pulse of the real world. Sometimes, we all need to take a step back and look at things from a new perspective, and realize that the majority of marketers are not immersed in search marketing as we are.
- SEW Experts: Read Any Good SEO Books Lately?
Some people are looking for the right book to learn everything there is to know about SEM. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist. Still, there are several books out there that can help further your understanding of search marketing in general, or do a deep dive on a specific sub-topic.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What's the Fuss Over Local Search Anyway?, ClickZ Experts
- We Don't Need SEO Standards!, Search Engine Land
- Blogging - Step 1 of the Authority Building Process, Search Engine People
- What "Internet Marketers" Can Teach Search Marketers, SEO Fast Start
- Employer expectations are unrealistic for many search jobs, SEO Woman