It's a match made in heaven, or at least Mountain View, California. Adsense for search is now integrating Custom Search. Now you can control those search results users conduct on your site and make moolah at the same time. Here's what you can look forward to:
- Site Search: Choosing this option will keep users on your site only.
- Improved indexing of your pages: Google hopes its recent indexing updates will prove to benefit your Site Search users by providing better Adsense for Search results. Vertical search: You can allow your users to search outside your site, but still set some boundaries. Examples include forums, blogs, or a network of sites.
- Tuning search results and ads with keywords:Control search results by setting a context. If your site is about cats, then enter "cats" and "cat food" as keywords and when someone searches for bowl, then results for cat food bowl will come up instead of other types of bowls or the sport of bowling.
- Selecting ad location: Choose where ads will be placed in relation to the the search results on your site.
- Quick and easy updates: You can now use the ad management feature in Adsense to control the settings for your custom search engine ads.
Here's a video from the Googleplex explaining the update: