Google's AdWords API team has released version 13 of the open source tool. The update includes the following:
- New geotargeting options
- Active campaign and ad group retrieval
- Campaign budget suggestions
- Quality-based bid and quality score support
- Mobile Image Ad support
- Easier MCC account hierarchy retrieval
- MCC Alerts support
- Search volume data returned in KeywordToolService
- Minimum bids no longer supported
For more on the updates, read the release notes:
AdWords API advertisers will also receive 20% more API units from now through January 15, 2009. Here's how it works:
- All developers can purchase API units at the rate of 1200/$0.25, up from 1000/$0.25, from now through January 15th, 2009.
- Advertisers who are eligible for free API units will receive credit at the rate 300/$ of AdWords spend, up from 250/$ of AdWords spend. They will be credited the holiday bonus based on their spend in previous months.