Online video gross media spend was $2.12 billion in 2008, up 36% from 2007, according to AccuStream. Here's a breakdown on the details:
- In-banner video impressions grew by 65% in 2008, and accounted for $1.5 billion in gross media spend
- Inventory for pre-roll ads expanded by 12.6% in 2008, reaching 18.75 billion total avails, following a 16.8% increase in 2007.
- Video buys made through rep firms totaled $90 million in 2008.
- Overlay executions associated with video added $37.6 million.
- insertion frequency for onsite experiences was capped at 1.5 (content views per avail) on average in 2008, reduced 13.7% from 2007
The forecast for 2009:
- 27% growth in pre-roll inventory
- 22.5% growth in gross media spend