Over at the official Bing blog, Principal Group Program Manager Rajesh Srivastava is offering up some tips on how to conduct search engine optimization (SEO) for their engine.
Much of Srivastava's advice is your basic SEO tips that you would apply for Google or Yahoo! But for you beginners out there, drill these SEO principles into your head:
- Develop great, original content (including well-implemented keywords) directed toward your intended audience
- Use well-architected code in your webpages (including images and Sitemaps) so that users' web browsers and search engine crawlers can read the content you want indexed)
- Earn several, high-quality, authoritative inbound links
Bing has a Webmaster Center, similar to Google's Webmaster Central. Use it to help Bing index your site and improve your results even further. Here are tips for using Bing's Webmaster Center:
- Review the Bing official guidelines for successful indexing document for various recommendations on technical and content issues as well as known problems that can affect your site's rank
- Visit the Webmaster Center blog to keep up with the latest information from the team (you can even subscribe to our blog's RSS feed to automate this process)
- Register all of your websites with Bing Webmaster Center tools, where you can use our tools to see all sorts of data to your website pertinent to webmasters
- Participate in our Webmaster Center user forums to ask questions and provide us with feedback
What do you think of Bing's SEO tips? Do you have any to add? Let us know by leaving a comment.