Ninety-five percent of online browsing is spent on content, with the remaining 5 percent relegated to search, according to Google. Meanwhile, 98 percent of a website's visitors leave without converting, according to ValueClick.
Users are spending the majority of their time not on your online store, and even when they are browsing your website, there's only a 2 percent chance they will complete a purchase.
If you could increase the likelihood that those site viewers return to your site wouldn't you want to? How about if it was free?
What is Google Display Network Remarketing?
Google Display Network Remarketing is a free remarketing program which integrates with AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Merchant Center to serve product or product page display ads to shoppers based on site pages they visit.
Google displays ads across the Google display network for visitors who have visited your site and left, showing items which are related to what that shopper viewed, with a 450 percent higher click-through rate than traditional marketing.
How to Set Up Your Campaign in 6 Steps
Now that you're sold on getting started with a Google Display Network Remarketing campaign, here are the steps to set up your campaign:
- Send your data feed to the Google merchant center. Remarketing ad images, product titles and product information are taken from your Google data feed, so make sure to optimize your data feed.
- Identify your remarketing campaign goals. Get your hands dirty in Google Analytics to get a good idea of what pages and products are getting visibility on your site, and what type of visitors convert.
- Install your remarketing tag.
- Set up your Google Display network campaign.
- Create ad groups for different user lists. Remember to modify bids based on the user list in the ad group, using lower bids for more general site viewers, and higher bids for users who are more likely to convert.
- Test! Mess around with the different types of lists, sites where you are displaying ads, keywords, member duration, frequency capping, ad layout, etc. A/B test, test and then test some more. Be sure to base and track all of your changes on Analytics, and establish a positive ROI before you get crazy with testing ads.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Early Bird Rates available through Friday, July 18. Register & save!