While Google is celebrating July 4th with an interactive Doodle, rival search engines Bing and Yahoo have revealed some top U.S. searches leading up to this year's celebration. Yahoo's users want to party, while Bing uncovered some depressing search trends.
Here's what Bing said were the top Independence Day searches for 2013:
- Happy birthday, U.S.A.?: More people searched for info on Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's baby (North West) than the birth of the U.S.
- A reason to boo-hoo: Less people search for the 4th of July than celebrities including Kate Middleton, Rebecca Black, and Honey Boo Boo.
- What would the founding fathers think of this?: More people searched for George Clooney than George Washington; Ben Affleck than Ben Franklin; John Mayer than John Adams, and Samuel Adams Beer than Samuel Adams.
- We the people...: Search more for books such as "Hunger Games", "Harry Potter" and "Twilight" more than the Declaration of Independence.
- Something to sing about: On a more positive note, Bing discovered the lyrics to "The Star Spangled Banner" are searched more often than "Born in the USA" and "Proud to be an American".
What searches are trending on Yahoo for July 4th? Parties! Searches for [4th of july party ideas] are up 432 percent, according to Yahoo's list of top searches.
Other top searches:
- 4th of July – up 616 percent this month, with 66 percent of those searches conducted by women.
- 4th of july recipes
- fireworks clipart
- 4th of july crafts
- 4th of july decorations
- 4th of july nail designs
- 4th of july wallpaper
- 4th of july cakes
- 4th of july cupcakes
- 4th of july dessert recipes
- 4th of july quotes
- 4th of july trivia
Happy Fourth of July everyone! Stay safe.
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.