This means you will be allowed to directly engage with your Facebook friends right from the search results. The new tool will allow you to ask questions or provide comments or answers on posts that are relevant to the search.
The ability to directly interact by commenting on Facebook allows you to go from searching to doing, according to Bing. If you search for an event in your area and you have Facebook friends who are talking about attending, you can not only find that out easily with the Social Sidebar, but you can also join in the conversation without ever leaving the search experience.
Bing has been cultivating the Social Sidebar since introducing it last year. Here's a timeline of the Social Sidebar:
- May 2012: Bing introduced the Social Sidebar
- August 2012: Bing added Facebook Friend Tagging to search, Quora, and Facebook photo search
- September 2012: Bing added Klout and Klout added Bing as an Influence metric
- December 2012: Bing changed the Social Sidebar from gray to white
- January 2013 - Bing allowed tagging to become public and 5x more Facebook results
- April 2013: Bing added Pin it button to image search
- May 2013: Bing moved Klout expert answers to the top of search results
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.