Google and Boingo Wireless are teaming up to offer free Wi-Fi at eight U.S. malls and discounted access in 16 major airports across the U.S. Google’s sponsorship isn’t completely altruistic; people need to subscribe to Google Offers in their city to purchase the deal.
This June, Google partnered with Boingo Wireless to offer free Wi-Fi in six subway stations and more than 200 other locations in New York City. That program is scheduled to end September 7.
Now, shoppers will be able to surf the web for free in select Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa malls, among other major city locations.
In the airports selected, Google is offering 50 percent off a 24-hour Boingo As-You-Go wi-fi pass. The airports, according to VentureBeat, include:
- Austin, Texas: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Chicago, Ill.: O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway Airport (MDW)
- Denver, Colo.: Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Detroit, Mich.: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Houston, Texas: William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Milwaukee, Wis.: Milwaukee County’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis, Minn.: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- New York, N.Y.: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Oklahoma City, Okla.: Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)
- St. Louis, Mo.: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL)
- Washington, D.C.: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Dulles International Airport (IAD)
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!