Google and Boingo Wireless are teaming up to offer free Wi-Fi at eight U.S. malls and discounted access in 16 major airports across the U.S. Google’s sponsorship isn’t completely altruistic; people need to subscribe to Google Offers in their city to purchase the deal.
This June, Google partnered with Boingo Wireless to offer free Wi-Fi in six subway stations and more than 200 other locations in New York City. That program is scheduled to end September 7.
Now, shoppers will be able to surf the web for free in select Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa malls, among other major city locations.
In the airports selected, Google is offering 50 percent off a 24-hour Boingo As-You-Go wi-fi pass. The airports, according to VentureBeat, include:
- Austin, Texas: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Chicago, Ill.: O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway Airport (MDW)
- Denver, Colo.: Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Detroit, Mich.: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Houston, Texas: William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Milwaukee, Wis.: Milwaukee County’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Minneapolis, Minn.: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- New York, N.Y.: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Oklahoma City, Okla.: Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)
- St. Louis, Mo.: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL)
- Washington, D.C.: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.