Google Offers is teaming up with Boingo Wireless to offer free WiFi in more than 200 locations in New York City, the companies have announced. The partnership kicked off yesterday and is set to last through September 7.
The new WiFi service will be available in several MTA subway stations:
- A, C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street
- L station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street
- C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 23rd Street
- 1, 2, 3 station at Seventh Avenue and West 14th Street
- F, M station at Sixth Avenue and West 14th Street
- L station at Sixth Avenue and West 14th Street
In addition to this there will be over 200 Hotzone hotspot locations all around New York City. Those who tweet about connecting for free with the hashtag #FreeNYCWiFi can receive rewards, Boingo announced.
This is just the first of a massive rollout by Boingo. Boingo plans to roll out WiFi to approximately 36 different subway stations. The 36 different subway stations include Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Columbus Circle.
Boingo reports "The plan outlines that in the next five years, Boingo WiFi will be available across all 270 train stations, tapping into a network of 1.6 billion annual passengers."
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!