Up until now advertisers using Google AdWords had a limit of 500 campaigns and up to 3 million keywords per AdWords account. The feedback has come in from tons of advertisers and Google has responded.
In an announcement earlier today by Google, you can now have up to 10,000 campaigns (this will include active and paused campaigns) per advertiser account. The number of keywords hasn't changed, however.
Here are the up-to-date AdWords account limits:
- 10,000 campaigns (active and paused)
- 20,000 ad groups per campaign
- 5,000 keywords per ad group
- 300 display ads per ad group (including image ads)
- 4 million active or paused ads per account
- 3 million keywords per account
- 10,000 location targets (targeted and excluded) per campaign, including up to 500 proximity targets per campaign
- 100,000 active ad extensions per account
- 1.3 million references to ad extensions per account
AdWords Editor, the AdWords API, and all other AdWords services are all compatible and work with the new limits.
In addition to this big change, Google also announced that they will be removing demographic bidding, introduced in 2008, from all AdWords Accounts. Demographic bid multipliers won't be available and will no longer apply to campaigns that were using the feature. To go along with this, the Demographics reports in the Demographics tab will no longer be avaliable.
This is all expected to go down "on or around" March 21. Demographics exclusions won't be affected "for now". Demographics data should still be available to all users in the Demographics panel to help us decide if we want to keep or get rid of demographic groups from our campaigns.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.