The holiday shopping season is coming. Are you ready? The holiday season is one of the busiest seasons for shopping online. Online retailers should have already started seeing an increasing trend in sales online.
In order to prepare your business for the online season, Google announced an improvement to its Product Ads: the ability to show up to five different products at a time. Giving users the ability to see more shopping choices increases your chances of conversion while pushing your brand out in front of more people. The ability to show five products at a time is available in all countries with Product Listing Ads.
Product ads are twice as likely to get clicked over text ads in the same location. Since launching Product Listing Ads in AdWords, Google has seen a 600 percent increase in traffic to retailers in compared to last year. This is a significant amount of traffic for online retailers.
With the holiday season approaching, more people are searching online for products and Product Listing Ads are one of the key focuses for Google to target online shoppers.
If your business plans to take advantage of Product Listing Ads, make sure to check out our article about 10 Takeaways from Google Holiday 2011 Report. Here are six tips to help you make better use of your ads this holiday season:
- Plan of optimizing bids for the holiday season.
- Bid compatibly as to get the most clicks possible.
- Feature all your products to ensure that you will be selling everything possible.
- Take advantage of ads shown below search results.
- Review your Merchant Center data for quality errors. Due to recent changes in Merchant Center, your Product Listing Ads may not be being showed.
- Use promotional messaging such as "Free Shipping" or "Coupon Code", or other like things to help your ads stand out.
The holiday season is right around the corner. Are your ads ready?
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!