Here's a roundup of today's other search news and headlines from around the web.
Search Industry News
- TechCrunch Interview: Marissa Mayer Reveals The Two Pillars Of Google's Local Strategy - TechCrunch
- Google's Marissa Mayer Talks Location Strategy - Fast Company
- Apple Allegedly at Center of Employee Compensation Conspiracy Involving Google, Intel, Adobe, Pixar, and Lucasfilm - Forbes
- Google help wanted: antitrust lawyer - CNET News
- Our testimony on how technology can aid crisis response - Google Public Policy Blog
- Weekly Yahoo! Search Trends - May 6, 2011 - Yodel Anecdotal
- Yahoo Search Trends: Mother's Day - Mom's Want More Than Flowers and Breakfast in Bed - Yahoo Search Blog
- Your TV Just Got Smarter: Yahoo! Introduces Dozens of New Connected TV Apps - Yodel Anecdotal
- Demand Says Search Traffic To EHow Off 20 Percent Since Google Changes - paidContent
Search Engine Optimization
- 3 Things to Make the Collapsible DIV SEO Friendly - Shimon Sandler
- AdWords Editor Version 9.0 released today - Inside AdWords
- Preparing for the Adwords Fundamentals Exam - Searching Beyond the Paid
- Text Ad Optimization Q&A #5: Have You Had Any Surprising Text Ad Testing Results? - ClickEquations
Social Media Marketing
- Facebook pays users to watch ads - Mashable
- Facebook Rolling Out Major Update to Ad Analytics with Audience Funnels and Reach Data - Inside Facebook
- Facebook Advertising Metrics - Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Does Posting Things to Twitter Make You a Journalist? - GigaOM
- How the new AdWords policy could impact social media competitions - Andrew RH Girdwood
- Sneak Peek: Local Ad Offerings for Bing in adCenter across PC and Mobile - adCenter Blog
- New Bing Maps iOS SDK - Bing Maps Blog
- Optimising Video For Search Engines - Search Engine People
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.