Many popular shopping sites offer mobile versions of their search tools, which can be especially useful for those always on the go.
As Brian Smith, who runs the ComparisonEngines.com site that focuses on online shopping services notes, wireless shopping is not a new idea. He tells us that PriceGrabber offered its first mobile version more than six years ago.
However, as you can see below, shopping sites “going wireless” continue to increase. Here’s a roundup of the mobile search interfaces for some of the web's most popular shopping sites. The boldfaced links navigate to each service's primary web interface. The other links offer mobile access via web-enabled phone or other handheld device, typically with slimmed-down interfaces designed for smaller displays.
Mobile interface at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/h.html or
The main url http://www.become.com does a nice job of detecting browsers from mobile devices, so there's no special URL for mobile access.
Mobile interface at: http://wap2.bonfiremedia.com/
Mobile interface at: http://wml.froogle.com or via SMS
Frucall is a new free service that brings you Internet shopping when you are in a store or on the street. Frucall does not need any software downloads to your phone, or SMS data plans. I covered Frucall briefly in a ResourceShelf mention, and ComparisonEngines.com ran an interview with Frucall's CEO.
Mobile interface at: http://www.atpgw.com/
Mobile interface at: Details here.
PDA Interface: http://www.xpbargains.com/pda.php
WAP Interface: http://www.xpbargains.com/wap.php
Yahoo Shopping (Beta)
Mobile interface at: http://us.wap.yahoo.com/p/shopping; more info about the new service here.
And, a few lesser known mobile shopping search services:
- ShopWiki Mobile
- Slifter, a location-based shopping search (here’s an interview with the CEO.
Search HeadlinesNOTE: Article links often change. In case of a bad link, use the publication's search facility, which most have, and search for the headline.
- Yahoo!: Turning Peanut Butter into More than Peanuts, TMCNet
- Web entrepreneurs puzzle on how to cash in on their 'revolution', The Age
- Atlas Buys Accipiter for $30M, ClickZ
- Search Results Get Safer; AOL Edges Google , Information Week
- Panama Rollout Progresses, ClickZ
- Mozart's entire musical works now free on Net, News.com
- Omniture Gets Closer to Partners, ClickZ
- MySpace Page Views Surpass Yahoo's, WebProNews
- Microsoft squares up to Google in Live launch, Silicon Republic
- Ingenio Grows Mobile Pay-per-Call Network, ClickZ
- Google Gives Its Finance Page A Facelift, Information Week
- Go to UC for free, on Google Video, Mercury News
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!