What's going on in the search industry? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
Plural Forms of Nouns in AdWords
Search Engine Watch Forums
"We have found that there are significant differences in ad ranking according to plurals as well as conjunctions, articles and particles."
The Divide Between Search Engines and SEOs - "No Follow" Fiasco
"Let Google 'nofollow' their own paid sponsored links and see how many advertisers they get."
AJAX Technology and SEO
High Rankings Forum
Increase the Visibility of Your Small Business Web Site on a Shoestring Budget
Small Business Ideas Forum
"Search marketing has become an expensive endeavor. This is especially true if you are in any kind of a competitive industry. So how does a company with practically no budget compete in an online world?"
SEO Best Practice for Expired Content
"On the job section of my website, the content (jobs) expires when positions are filled, and the URL that has been indexed doesn't exist anymore. I am wondering if I should go for a basic 301 redirect, or if there is a better practice as far as search engines are concerned."
Huge Drop in SERPS After White Hat On-Page Optimization - HELP!
Search Engine Watch Forums
"I have been optimizing the content of several different pages (including the homepage) on a site that's over two years old. Essentially, all of my pages are ranking horribly now and I have no idea what to do."
Removing AdSense from Low Performing Pages
"One of my sites went down during the switch to a dedicated server, but guess what? My income didn't go down."
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- The Power Of Branding For Small Business, Part Two, Search Engine Land
- Improving Google, Joe Duck
- Mahalo - A Powerful Tool in the Right Hands, Odd Time Signatures
- A Crucial SEO Element: Web Site Credibility, Search Engine Land
- Local SEO For Retail Store Locators, Search Engine Land
- Is PageRank Juice the Only Value of a Link?, Search Engine Roundtable
- A Social Media Tool... That You'll Actually Use!, SEOmoz
- Google Is Deathly Strong, Do Not Trust It!, SEO Chicks
- Has Google Shown Their Hand?, YOUmoz
- Six Tips for Building Curiosity and Influence Into Your Search Campaigns, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- First Look....Interactive Local Media, Nov. 28-30, The Local Onliner
- PPC Search and the View-Through Conversion, ClickZ
- Organizing The World’s Push Content: The iGoogle Ecosystem, Search Engine Land
- As Yahoo Focuses More On Ad Services, The Portal Remains Central, paidContent
- AOL Embarks On 18-Month European Ad Grab, Starting In Italy, paidContent
- Counting Clicks, Forbes.com
- Webmaster Tools Shows Subscriber Stats, Google Blogoscoped
- Don't Expect Any PageRank Updates, Says Matt Cutts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Funniest Pay Per Click Keyword Mistake Revealed, Bill Hartzer
- Press Releases and Optimization for Search Engines, Search Marketing Gurus
- Search engine markets around the world, Pandia
- A Beginner’s SEO Toolbox, Small Business SEM
- Local SEO with Multiple Locales, LocalPoint
- New Sighting: Google's SERP Form "Help Improve Search for Everyone", Unofficial SEO Blog
- Keyword Ranking Reports, DaveN
- Local Search Finally Living Up To Its Promise, Search Engine Land
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!