What's going on in the search industry? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
New Features to be Added to AdCenter
Search Engine Watch Forums
"The tools and functionality in this upgrade will include significant improvements in editorial efficiency, campaign creation, and campaign management."
Recreating a Campaign
"What's the best way to test a new campaign without losing traffic from the existing campaign?"
Top 100 SEO Tips
"I would love to see what the community here believes are the top 100 SEO tips."
What Does an Internet Marketing Consultant Do?
"I think that it would be very important to identify the business goals for the web. What is to be accomplished?"
The Industry's Reputation Problem = ALL over again
"It appears that every time I read about some session at some conference out there that tries its very best to discuss the reputation problem in our industry; the biggest issues about that problem are never mentioned."
Yahoo Offers Query String Exclusion
"They've done this the wrong way. It doesn't make sense to have to register with the search engines to make your site work."
Easy Automated Solution for the MFA/Arbitrage Problem
"So, advertisers set a maximum CPC and publishers set a minimum CPC? An interesting proposition. And why didn't they build that in from the beginning?"
Pointless Speculation About Google's Strategies
"Google has spent the last few years of effort on the side of the biz that pays the bills chasing relevence and chasing IMO conversions for their clients. How would they go about raising revenue levels? Internet usage is rising, but not enough to fuel growth."
New from AdSense: Allowed Site Feature
"Many webmasters in the past have had circumstances where pirates have copied and pasted their web pages into the pirate's own site."
In-House SEM Ineffective? Give Me a Break
Search Engine Watch Forums
"I just read an article that explains why it is ineffective to build SEM in-house. It forgot some important benefits of internal SEM."
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- Changes to Google's Top Rank Formula, Part 2, ClickZ
- Exclusive: Screen Shots And Feature Overview of Delicious 2.0 Preview, TechCrunch
- Search In The Year 2010: Part Two, Search Engine Land
- Usability and SEO - Red Light, Green Light, Cre8tive Flow
- Selling Links: what's the worst that can happen?, DaveN
- How Not to Deal With Clients, Bruce Clay Blog
- Methinks Thou Doth Protetht Too Mutch, Traffick
- Tracking Hot Topics On Wikipedia, Search Engine Land
- 5 Tips for Optimizing Images for Search Engines, Search Engine Guide
- Stop stumbling in the dark and let the Power List turn the light on, Cornwall SEO
- Interview of Debra Mastaler, the Link Guru, SEO Book
- Relevance, Importance, and Usefulness, Stone Temple Consulting
- Boost Visibility With XML Sitemap Submission to Ask.com, SEO Speedwagon
- Guest Author: Crawling and Indexing the Web, Alt Search Engines
- The Ultimate SEO Effectiveness Formula, McAnerin Muse
- “There Are No Secrets” and other SEO Myths, Johnon.com
- Outbound Links and Misunderstandings, Fathom SEO
- ZoomInfo and Xing Timidly Stare Down Facebook, SearchAnyway
- 11 Business Benefits of Using Facebook Applications, SEO-space
- When Search Turns Cannibal, Search Insider
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 5 December to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.