What's going on in the search industry? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
Search Engine Impact of Removed Pages
Search Engine Watch Forums
"We are going to remove several pages from our site that are currently indexed by Google, probably doing a 301 redirect to another page on our site. What will be the impact on SE spiders?"
Physical Server Location
"What is the latest thinking on the impact of having a server located within a country other than your target audience?"
High Rankings Forum
"If an expiring domain, which has been in the index in the past but has been removed due to it not being able to resolve, will it still be 'remembered' by Google, in terms of age/rank/etc.?"
Webmaster Tools now shows backlink anchor phrases
"The backlink feature has been upgraded to show complete phrases, and not just individual words."
Link Title Attribute
"Do you really need to have the 'title' attribute on every single link?"
Unlock the Limits of Your AdSense Earnings Potential
“While others imagine the AdSense system is set up to beat them with earnings caps, smart pricing, and all sorts of other problems, I imagine I can improve my service and earnings and have done so successfully.”
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- Privacy Watchdogs Call Google Move 'Good First Step', MediaPost
- Lycos Europe To Launch in U.S. Under Jubii Name, paidContent
- Sony’s Grouper Picks Fight With Searchles, TechCrunch
- Local Content Is King, ClickZ
- Do Not Redesign Without a Plan for Search, SEO'Brien
- Legacy SEO Clients, Online Marketing Blog
- Personalized Paid Search and Tracking Long and Short Term Interests, SEO by the Sea
- The Duplicate Content Penalty Myth. Search Engine Land
- Optimizing the Mix of Paid and Organic Listings, 10e20
- Mobile Search Patent Blitz from Jumptap, SEO by the Sea
- Starting your SEO Business: 10 Ways to Make Your Small SEO Firm Look Big, SoloSEO
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!