What's going on in the search industry? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
What Do You Call Yourselves?
High Rankings Forum
"It seems whenever I tell someone in the IT world I do SEM, they roll their eyes and think I am spamming the web with Viagra ads. Is the term Search Engine Marketing getting to be a 4-letter word?"
How Can SEO Benefit My Company and My Clients?
"I have been since asked to write up a document with the basic goal of being able to express: How can SEO and what I learned [at SES New York” benefit my company and my clients."
Has SEM Replaced Public Relations?
"Has PR been superseded by SEM because opinion-makers no longer hold sway in an SEM world?"
Is This Considered Black Hat?
Search Engine Watch Forums
"Would it be frowned upon by the search engines if you write product reviews for say a couple hundred products on a completely different site, then link back to the appropriate page on the other site?"
Separate Blog vs. Blog On My Site
Small Business Ideas Forum
"I have been wanting to start a blog that can drive some traffic. I read that it would be better to have the blog as part of your website, not separate like one from blogger.com or WordPress. Is this a good idea?"
Why Linking Is Harder Now
"If you’re trying to build links for a new commercial or affiliate site, you have 3 major things working against you."
The Great Google Scam Complete With Evidence
Search Engine Watch Forums
"Let's not call this a scam, let's just describe it for what it is – glitches in Google's ad/content matching algorithms. Painful glitches for sure, but glitches nonetheless."
It's June 1st: Any Noticeable Changes in AdSense Earnings?
"It's simply too early to tell what effects, if any, the June 1 changes will have on anyone's revenues (except for the revenues of the people who had their accounts disabled)."
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- 100,000,000 Ways To Invest In SEO, Search Engine Land
- Crap SEO’s, they’re out there and they want your business!, Fresh Egg
- History Lesson for Mahalo, SearchViews
- Comparing AdWords, Panama & AdCenter Performance, Got Ads?
- The Long Tail, SEO Revolution
- Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Pay-Per-Click Advertisers, John Ellis
- Branding v Optimization- Something Has to Give., SiteLogic
- How Do I Convince Clients That SEO is Worth the Investment?, Cre8tive Flow
- A Real Alternative To AdSense, Performancing
- ValueClick Names Vadnais CEO, ClickZ
- RFP Do's and Don'ts, ClickZ
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings, April 2007, ClickZ
- Sproose: Human Powered Search Meets Digg, TechCrunch
- Google's dominance 'will not last forever', Information World Review
- Dogpile: Search Results On Major Engines Diverging, Search Engine Land
- Hey Jason, Search Results are Never "Done", Search Engine Guide
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!