Links to the week's topics from search engine forums across the Web:
End Of Results Penalty?
High Rankings Forum
"Anybody here ever hear of the end of results penalty? What will happen is you are usually high ranked for a search phrase then all of a sudden there you are over night at the end of results for that search phrase."
h5 tags vs. strong tags
Search Engine Watch Forums
"Should I use 'strong' tags for content in my page that I want to be bold, but reserve 'h5' tags for content in my page that I want to bold AS WELL as gain recognition by the spiders for being more important than the regular text and 'strong' text?"
Quality Score's Affect On CPC
Search Engine Watch Forums
"How exactly does the Google quality score determine the CPC I pay? Could anyone give an example?"
When Marketing Is Unwanted
"I'm not the type of person who brings hell to someone's door. I'm sure the University can tolerate the Digg comment abuse, but why should they have to?"
Yahoo Panama PPC Launching Early in U.S.
"Has this been a smooth transition for everyone? "
TrustRank, Fact or Fiction?
"I've read up on TR in a few places, and have seen some arguments that make sense, but I still don't know.....I know it exists, but has it been implemented?"
Wikipedia Adds Nofollow To Outbound Links
"Wikipedia has added nofollow on their outbound links just a few hours ago, after a surge of new spam due to another SEO contest"
Google Admits to User Data Disclosure
"Google has confirmed that it unwittingly disclosed sensitive login and password information pertaining to more than a dozen users."
NOTE: Article links often change. In case of a bad link, use the publication's search facility to search for the headline.
- Why Convergence Is Inevitable, ClickZ
- Google AdSense Tests New Features, Search Engine Land
- Not All Traffic Is Created Equal, Publishing 2.0
- Writing Search Engine Friendly Titles, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Lowdown on Web Designers and SEO, Online Marketing Blog
- Industry Moves: AOL Appoints Ted Cahall As Platforms Head, paidContent
- Branded Content and Targeting Your Social Media Marketing Initiatives, Search Engine Journal
- Forrester Creates a Model to Measure Blogging ROI, Micropersuasion
- Paid Links That Are Truly Undetectable, SEOmoz
- Bruce Clay interview, David Temple
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.