A second technology preview of MSN's new search technology was online briefly for testing today. MSN says that it was run in a small percentage of its various country-specific markets, like the UK, to do load and stress tests. The previews have now come down, MSN says. When it was up, the site said:
- The database is larger than with Tech Preview One, according to its About page
- Cached versions of pages were available. Similar to what we've seen with other engines, the date the page was cached was included.
- Still no advanced interface to try on the US side. A UK version of the service provided a number of interesting
refinement tools, such as filtering by filetype, date, a numeric range feature and even some relevancy sliders or "equalizers."
- Up to two results per domain were visible on a results page. The second result was indented. A green button positioned next to a hyperlink reads, "See more results from..."
- Results were not numbered as they are at Yahoo.
Tech Preview One was available for a short period of time this summer (see our past article, MSN Search Gets New Look; Microsoft Gets New Search Engine).
Want to discuss? Visit our forum thread: MSN Search Preview 2 Up.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.