A second technology preview of MSN's new search technology was online briefly for testing today. MSN says that it was run in a small percentage of its various country-specific markets, like the UK, to do load and stress tests. The previews have now come down, MSN says. When it was up, the site said:
- The database is larger than with Tech Preview One, according to its About page
- Cached versions of pages were available. Similar to what we've seen with other engines, the date the page was cached was included.
- Still no advanced interface to try on the US side. A UK version of the service provided a number of interesting
refinement tools, such as filtering by filetype, date, a numeric range feature and even some relevancy sliders or "equalizers."
- Up to two results per domain were visible on a results page. The second result was indented. A green button positioned next to a hyperlink reads, "See more results from..."
- Results were not numbered as they are at Yahoo.
Tech Preview One was available for a short period of time this summer (see our past article, MSN Search Gets New Look; Microsoft Gets New Search Engine).
Want to discuss? Visit our forum thread: MSN Search Preview 2 Up.
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!