Search engine marketers have gathered in Las Vegas for WebmasterWorld's World Of Webmasters Search Conference that runs three days this week. A rundown on search coverage from the first day of the event is below:
- WebmasterWorld of Search Conference, Day 1 from Search Engine Lowdown
mainly covers the session about big site issues.
- Search Engine Friendly Design and Coding (Especially Flash) from Search Engine Roundtable covers using CSS
to tighten code and dealing with Flash from an SEO perspective.
- Super Session: History of SEO/SEM Theory and Testing from SE Roundtable covers a few tips but more some
interesting history and experiences in testing by long-time SEO vets to get the "perfect page" for search engine rankings.
- PFI Topics and Issues - from SE Roundtable is a look at paid inclusion.
- Informal Discussion with Tim Mayer and the Yahoo! Search Folks covers kicking back with Yahoo's Tim Mayer, a veteran of the search industry, and talking about search forums, official search engine blogs and other topics.
Barry does the same for our own SES shows and will be back at it when SES Chicago happens next month. Meanwhile, here are links to coverage he provided from our SES San Jose and Stockholm shows earlier this year:
In our Search Engine Watch Forums, we also have an entire area devoted to discussion and coverage of search-related events. Some recent threads of interest are:
- 2005: Conference listings: A call for people to list interesting shows and events for next year.
- WebmasterWorld World of Search Conference #7: No discussion of the show yet, but that may come.
For now, mainly a place for people to coordinate meet-ups.
- Search Engine Strategies Events: SES Chicago this year or SES New York next year? I and others
offer some advice to a person trying to decide.
- Ad:Tech New York: Andrew Goodman provides a long post on interesting search sessions out of the show earlier this month.
And via John Battelle's blog, news that the venerable Search Engine Meeting has posted its new agenda for next year. The conference takes an academic look at search both on the web and across the enterprise.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!