Mark Jen's had a short but eventful stay at Google. Google Blogoscope noted earlier today a rumor that he'd left the company, updated later with a confirmation from Google. Google tells me directly that Jen's no longer a Google employee as well. Why? The company declined to provide more specifics.
Fired? That's what someone claiming to be an anonymous Google employee over at Google Blogoscope said:
I regret to inform you that Mark Jen was fired from Google on Friday, January 28th. I don't have any details, but I can tell you that he was quietly let go.
The post goes on to express upset that Google may have fired Jen to silence him.
Was he fired? Did he decide to leave? Perhaps we'll hear more from Jen on his blog. Meanwhile, a timeline of Jen's quick rise to fame via his blog about life at Google:
- January 17: He posts about starting work at Google.
- January 25: He gains attention after Philipp Lenssen at Google Blogoscope
blogs about Jen's blog and some critical remarks about Google on it. The blog posts disappear soon after.
- January 26: The blog returns, along with Jen's explanation of why he pulls some of his material down.
- January 31: The blog gains attention again, after ads for it are spotted on Google.
- February 8: News that Jen is no longer with Google emerges.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!