- Best All Around Search Engine: Google
- Best Metasearch: ixquick
- Best Site On Searching: Search Engine Watch
- Best Site On Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine Watch
- Best Search Engine Discussion Forum: Webmaster World
- Best Publication On Searching: Web Search Garage, by Tara Calishain
- Best Publication On Search Engine Marketing: Unfair Advantage Book On Winning The Search Engine Wars, by Planet Ocean
- Best Weblog On Searching: ResourceShelf
- Best Weblog On Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine Journal
- Best Desktop Search Tool: Copernic
The Pandia article on its awards also recaps a number of runners-up and alternative resources, so it's worth a read-through to discover many other resources and tools not mentioned above.
What about our own Search Engine Watch Awards, that I mentioned would be happening earlier this year. Normally we do them in January, but it's been busy, and we're behind. The plan now is to open up the process in March, so that our readers can discuss what they liked best in 2004. More details to come on this later.
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!