SEMPO members have just received a mailing informing them of their new board of directors, selected through the recent election. The board is scheduled to be formally introduced to the public next Monday at the group's open meeting at Search Engine Strategies New York. Elected to a one-year term are:
- Ron Belanger, Carat Interactive
- Chris Churchill, Fathom Online
- Barbara Coll, Webmama.com
- Koichiro Fukasawa, Wasabi Communications
- Gordon Hotchkiss, Enquiro
- Kevin Lee, Did-it.com
- Mauro Lupi, Ad Maiora SpA
- Jeffrey Pruitt, iCrossing
- John Sanchez, Zunch Communications
- Jessie Stricchiola, Alchemist Media
- Julienne Thompson, Advertising.com
- Dana Todd, SiteLab
- David Williams, 360i
All previous board members (noted in bold above) who stood again were reelected, suggesting that despite problems SEMPO endured last year, the membership itself was still happy with how the group's leaders have run things. A full list of all nominees can be found here.
The board will select from among itself a president and new officers for the coming year, all of whom will be named in New York. All board members have a term that will begin in mid-March 2005 and run to the same time in 2006.Postscript: See also this article from ClickZ: SEMPO Names New Board
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!