Shopping.com has released a new Smart Shopping Index, a quarterly survey of online shopping behavior based on a sample of 1,000 adults in the US, 18 years and older. It gives some details on spending on clothing, consumer electronics and the fact that nearly 20 percent of us will indeed buy toothpaste and other personal care products online. Highlights:
- Survey shows spending on clothing broken down by age and US region.
- Nearly 1/4 purchase computer equipment and electronics online (pretty sure this is online, since the lead is is that "consumers continue to flock online."
- Men are inclined to visit a retailer's web site and comparison sites before buying electronics.
- 15 percent of homeowners and 11 percent of renters go online to check mortgage rates.
- 17 percent buy personal care products online, such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste.
- 12 percent buy beauty products.
- 9 percent buy fragrances.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!