Shopping.com has released a new Smart Shopping Index, a quarterly survey of online shopping behavior based on a sample of 1,000 adults in the US, 18 years and older. It gives some details on spending on clothing, consumer electronics and the fact that nearly 20 percent of us will indeed buy toothpaste and other personal care products online. Highlights:
- Survey shows spending on clothing broken down by age and US region.
- Nearly 1/4 purchase computer equipment and electronics online (pretty sure this is online, since the lead is is that "consumers continue to flock online."
- Men are inclined to visit a retailer's web site and comparison sites before buying electronics.
- 15 percent of homeowners and 11 percent of renters go online to check mortgage rates.
- 17 percent buy personal care products online, such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste.
- 12 percent buy beauty products.
- 9 percent buy fragrances.
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!