Shopping.com has released a new Smart Shopping Index, a quarterly survey of online shopping behavior based on a sample of 1,000 adults in the US, 18 years and older. It gives some details on spending on clothing, consumer electronics and the fact that nearly 20 percent of us will indeed buy toothpaste and other personal care products online. Highlights:
- Survey shows spending on clothing broken down by age and US region.
- Nearly 1/4 purchase computer equipment and electronics online (pretty sure this is online, since the lead is is that "consumers continue to flock online."
- Men are inclined to visit a retailer's web site and comparison sites before buying electronics.
- 15 percent of homeowners and 11 percent of renters go online to check mortgage rates.
- 17 percent buy personal care products online, such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste.
- 12 percent buy beauty products.
- 9 percent buy fragrances.
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!