Google has just published its Q2 2005 earnings, as covered in this press release "Google had another solid performance," says Google CEO Eric Schmidt. Here are the basic numbers:
- For Q2, 2005 $1.384 billion, up 98% year over year
- Google-Sites Revenues -- Google-owned sites generated $737 million or 53% of total revenues. This represents an increase of 115% over the second quarter of 2004.
- The Google Network -- Revenues generated on Google's partner sites, through AdSense programs, contributed $630 million, or 46% of total revenues, an 82% increase over the Network revenues generated in the same quarter last year.
- Net income on a GAAP basis in the second quarter of 2005 was $343 million or $1.19 per share on a diluted basis vs. net income for the second quarter of 2004 of $79 million or $0.30 per share on a diluted basis...
Via Marketwatch.com: "Analysts expected Google to earn $1.21, excluding certain items."
- TAC - Traffic Acquisition Costs, the portion of revenues shared with Google's partners, increased to $494 million. This compares to total payments to partners of $277 million in the second quarter of 2004.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!