Today's search podcast covers Yahoo Local getting enhanced with new city data and user reviews, using Oodle to find classifed from across the web, Yahoo and Google virtually tied for customer satisfaction, new movie related domain names Google has registered, the embattled Google China chief Kai Fu Lee "following his heart" to join the "Google Miracle," proper etiquette in how to show a search query you did and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern or via our Odeo channel. Below are links about the stories that were discussed. Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Yahoo Local Expands With City Pages & More User Reviews on a major upgrade to the Yahoo Local service to let you find and rate things in your area.
- Oodle For Local Classified Listings on a relatively new search engine that lets you find classified ads, housing, used cars and more from listings across the web.
- Yahoo Virtually Tied With Google On Customer Satisfaction on Google coming
out on top with 82 points out of 100 for customer satisfaction, but with Yahoo just behind at 80.
- Google Acquires Android Mobile Phone Software Start-Up on a Google stealth
acquisition of a stealth company that might give them an edge in the mobile space.
- Google Registers "Movie" Related Domains covers Google picking up googlemoviereviews.com and googleshowtime.com.
- Yahoo Has Social Networking Patent Published on Yahoo applying for a
patent on how to show info in a social network setting.
- Search Marking VP Ron Belanger Departs Carat Interactive on a long-time
and well-known search marketer taking the leap out of search to BuyDomains.com
- Kai Fu Lee: Following His Heart To The Miracle Of Google on how the embattled Google China head felt Google's passion for technology meant he had to abandon Microsoft.
- Google Unveils AdSense Blog covers Google opening a new official blog for those carrying its AdSense ads.
- MSN Search Ranking Its Own Results on MSN deciding that for a query, its
own same search results for that query deserved to be ranked fourth.
- Battelle Excerpt: Google Goes Public on the latest excerpt from John
Battelle's forthcoming The Search book, looking at Google's days of going public.
- Using Brackets To Illustrate Queries on the proper etiquette in writing how you did a search.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!