Today's search podcast covers Yahoo planning a new paid listings system, Google's new AdWords ranking system going live, Google looking to raise $4 billion in a stock sale, a tiny Google size increase, Google making it easier to check prices while on the move, ways to search for weather info and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern or via our Odeo channel. Below are links about the stories that were discussed. Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
Note: This is an early edition of the podcast, you'll need to fast forward five minutes past the music. A trimmed edition will be posted shortly.
Search Ad Stuff
- Yahoo Readying New Paid Listings System on details of a new system that will allow you to link multiple
ads to the same keywords, ranking by CPCxCTR and more.
- New Google AdWords Bidding System Live For All on Google's new bidding system allowing quality score ranking and new minimum bids being online for all advertisers.
- Google To Sell $4 Billion In Shares on Google looking to raise funds for a warchest for general expenses and possible acquisitions.
- Google Increases Size A Smidge: Was Planned Before Current Size Dispute on Google's famed number count rising 100 million to 8,168,684,336 pages served.
- Google Enhances Mobile Version of Froogle, Launches Service in the UK on being able to sort by price
when using Froogle's mobile edition, plus a mobile version for the UK.
- Automating the Mining of the Deep Web on new technology in development to get inside databases that
crawlers typically don't reach, to make the "deep web" or "invisible web" more visible.
- Thumbs Up For Search Engine Marketing, Inc. Book on a new book on search marketing fundamentals getting
a good review.
- What's The Weather? Ways To Search! on ways to check the weather and weather databases.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!