Forbes is out with their 2005 "E-Gangs" list of important people in the "e" world. This years list is subtitled:
Eight Masters Of Information, and focuses on members of the search and IR community. Many of eight honorees are people from companies/services we mention regularly on the blog.
The list includes:
- Barry Diller, CEO of IAC/InterActive Corp (aka the new owner of Ask Jeeves)
- Caterina Fake and Stewart Butterfield, the Flickr Couple
- Jeffery Jonas, IBM Entity Analytics
- John Lervik, Founder and CEO of Fast Search and Transfer
- Peter Norvig, Director of Search Quality and Relevance at Google
- Ellen Siminoff, President and CEO of Efficient Frontier
- Jimmy Wales, the Founder of Wikipedia
This page contains links to short profiles of each list member.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!