Today's search podcast covers Mamma seeking again to buy Copernic, Mark Cuban threatening to ban Google-hosted blogs because of spam, Yahoo winning iVillage away from Google as an ad partner, a click fraud case study, and how Google is adding more ads to the top of its page and also testing new query refinement options, and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern or via our Odeo channel. Below are links about the stories that were discussed. Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Copernic Still Wants Their Mamma.com on the Mamma/Copernic deal
having been revived. Begin in Nov. 2003, it was called off in Feb. after an SEC probe of Mamma. Copernic supplies desktop search to AOL as well as to consumers directly.
- Shopzilla Chairman Chats Shopping Search on a Q&A with the head
of the shopping search service now owned by Scripps.
- Cuban Vows to Stomp Out Blog Spam on billionaire Mark Cuban and
backer of the IceRocket blog search service warning he might blog Blogger-hosted content because of spam problems and the establishment of a spam blog reporting service.
- iVillage Dumps Google for Yahoo on Yahoo ousting Google to supply
search and contextual ads to women's site iVillage.
- Small Business Owner Says He Lost $500,000 Due to Click Fraud
with a case study of alleged clickfraud involving karaoke merchants, a case apparently about to be filed.
- Track Your AdSense Earnings in Firefox Status Bar on an extension
to track your AdSense earnings within Firefox.
- Google Now Going With 3 Ads Up Top, In The Right Circumstances on
Google now showing up to three ads above editorial listings, in certain occasions.
- More Testing Of Middle Of The Page Query Refinement At Google on Google showing query refinement suggestions in the middle of its search results.
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!