Today's search podcast covers the new Google Talk instant messaging and voice chat client, a New York Times-look at whether Google is Microsoft like in growing domination, Yahoo's moves in video search, whether "black hat" and "white hat" search marketers can get along, the Yahoo-Viacom ad deal, Google getting a patent relating to local search and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes as explained here. Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Google Launches "Google Talk" IM Client With
Voice Calls on the new Google instant messaging and voice calling applications.
- Google As The New Evil Microsoft on Google
under fire for making life tough on start-ups as it seems to go into everything.
- Yahoo and Viacom Announce Search Advertising
Deal on Yahoo putting paid search ads on Viacom entertainment and news sites like CBSNews.com, BET.com and MTV.com
- Yahoo Video: The "Super" Network on a Wired
article looking at Yahoo's video search work and how that may lead into video-on-demand, plus how Yahoo is moving more into the entertainment space especially with new exec
Lloyd Brawn, formerly of ABC and the key role search may play in helping you find material.
- The Polarization Of Search Forums? on
whether search forums are breeding an unhealthy political divide on the issue of spamming and standards.
- Google Awarded Geocoding Patent covering how Google has a patent on
automatically extracting addresses from documents, which is helpful in the local search space.
- Share Your Search Results with Jeteye on a new way to save search results,
annotate them and share them with others.
- More On The Index Size Debate on how index size still doesn't matter!
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.