Today's search podcast covers a new bulk submit service for Yahoo, problems with Yahoo's ad management system, new debate over selling links, copyright material in Google Video again, worries over identity theft through searches, a new way to find images and automatically telling if a blogger is happy by their posts.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a hurricane approaching where the Daily SearchCast is produced, it will be taking tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 26) off.
- Yahoo Bulk Submit Now Live on a new way to submit many URLs at once to Yahoo.
- Yahoo's Ad Management System Down Or Sluggish For Some, After Upgrade on Yahoo's ad system not working
right for some advertisers after an upgrade over the weekend.
- O'Reilly In Debate Over Link Selling on new questions raised about whether it's ethical to sell
off-topic links meant to boost search rankings.
- Copyright Material Still Showing Up In Google Video on, well, Google Video still having copyrighted
material being posted to the public.
- Automatically Classifying the Mood of Blog Posts on research on how you might tell if a blogger was
happy, sad or angry among other emotions when posting.
- Identity Theft & Issues For Search Engines on how search engines may make it easier for those who might
want to steal your identity and legal issues that may be involved.
- Image Databases to Find "Visually Similar" Imagery and More on a new image search engine that lets you find an image, then use that to locate similar ones.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!