If you're in need of a couple of roundups that look at various search tools and services, two of them are online today. One in Time magazine and the other in The Boston Globe. It's likely that the services and companies mentioned in these articles will be "new" to many readers of these publications. However, we've discussed and linked to many of them on the SEW Blog during the past year.
NOTE: I was interviewed by a Time reporter for this story.
- Multimedia Search, SingingFish
- Multimedia Search, Viisage
- Multimedia Search, Blinkx
- Multimedia Search, Nexidia
- Mobile Search, 4INFO
- Mobile/Cameraphone Search, Mobot
- Answer Engines, KnowItAll
- Images/Tags, Flickr
- Maps, A9, Google Earth, MSN Virtual Earth
- Personalized Search, Findory
- Personalized Search, Google Sidebar
"Search will ultimately be as good as having 1,000 human experts who know your tastes scanning billions of documents within a split second. It will model the human brain." Gary Flake, Distinguished Engineers at Microsoft
Note: Dr. Flake is the former head of Yahoo Research Labs. Here's an interview that I did with Dr. Flake in 2004.
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!