Today's search podcast covers Google selling ads in print, Yahoo apologizing for ad management problems and issuing refunds, an SEO blogger sued by an SEO firm for allegedly revealing trade secrets, France to fund a European search engine to take on American-based ones, new ways to search for feeds on MSN, new mail search upgrades at Yahoo, Google parodies including a takeoff on South Park and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Google Selling Print Ads on Google now placing ads in print!
- Yahoo Apologizes For Ad Management Problems; Issues Case-By-Case Refunds on Yahoo apologizing for problems with its ad management system and promising refunds on a case-by-case basis.
Search Business Stuff
- SEO Book's Aaron Wall Sued By Traffic-Power Over Revealing "Trade Secrets"
on SEO firm Traffic-Power seemingly wanting to silence some critics by saying they helped published trade secrets.
- France To Fund European Search Engine; Replay Of Boeing-Airbus In The Search
World? on France to help kickstart a multimedia search engine to combat perceived Anglo-Saxon/American domination of the search space.
- Why Don't Book Publishers Object To Web Indexing? on me talking with a
publisher's group on why they think indexing books without explicit permission is bad but indexing web sites isn't.
- Google Print Goes International on Google Print expanding internationally.
- Where Did Google Talk Come From? on Google Talk being driving out of Google's relatively new Kirkland, Washington office near Microsoft.
Blogs & Feeds
- Searching for Relevant RSS Feeds on ways to seek out blog and feed
- MSN Search Gains New Feed Searching Commands on new commands to let you search within feed content indexed by MSN or to find feeds.
- Goin' Mobile with Google Sitemaps on a new way to give Google a list of
all your pages designed for mobile devices.
- Google Losing Consistency As It Continues To Experiment With Results on
yet more experimentation with Google's search results pages, putting Google Groups listings at the bottom of the page.
- Enhancements Made to Yahoo Mail Search on Yahoo Mail getting some improved
features such as a way to see all the photos you've been sent in an easy fashion.
- New Parodies: Google Meets South Park, Plans To Destroy Information & More on everyone making fun of Google in various ways.
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!