Today's search podcast covers SEO Book's Aaron Wall deciding to fight allegations he revealed trade secrets of SEO firm Traffic Power on his blog, Yahoo accused of helping fund spyware, Google Print seeking Europe-based publishers, ways to get movie, weather and stock info while on the move via Google, Google reaching out to consumers with ads, ways to read RSS and feeds, a new test of your SEM knowledge and more.
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Aaron Wall To Fight Traffic Power Suit; Calls For Donations on blogger Aaron Wall of SEO Book deciding
to fight a suit that he reveal the "trade secrets" of Traffic Power.
- Google and Microsoft Back in Court on the saga over Dr. Kai-Fu Lee continuing, with Google asking that a
non-compete clause the former Microsoft employee had be voided.
- Yahoo Rapped Over Funding Spyware -- Isn't It Overdue For Source Selection To Be Allowed? on a new
report from adware/spyware campaigner Ben Edelman on how Yahoo ads apparently show up in adware/spyware -- and why it's overdue for advertisers to be able to pick and choose
where they appear.
- Google Print For Publishers Expands To Europe on how new Google Print versions for France, Germany,
Italy, The Netherlands and Spain are in the works -- and publishers are invited to submit their content for inclusion.
- Three New Search Shortcuts Added to Google Mobile on how to get movies, weather or stock info quickly
through "shortcut" commands on Google's mobile service.
- Google Brings Film Showtimes and Reviews Service to the UK on Google adding film times and reviews to
its UK service.
- Google Expanding Consumer Ads With European Campaign; MSN Does Product Placement on Google hiring an ad
firm in Europe to target consumers, a further expansion of activities they've done in Japan, Korea and Kansas City.
- Which RSS Feed Reader? on ways of reading RSS and feed content, from online tools to software.
- Hurricane Katrina Resources & Aerial Images on ways to see the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina from the
air and other resources.
- New SEM/SEO Quiz To Test Your Knowledge on a new test to see how smart you are about search marketing.
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!