Today's search podcast covers Hurricane Katrina resource and a call by the Red Cross for banner space, is Microsoft getting into pay-per-call, Google on the ethics of selling links, more debate on Google's book scanning program, a new blog directory from Technorati, getting students to search better and more!
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- More Hurricane Katrina Resources & Banner Space Appeal
- Think's Purchase Of Proceed Interactive Officially Off
- Microsoft Acquisition To Lead To Pay-Per-Call Ads?
- Google's Matt Cutts On Link Selling: Sites Might Not Pass Reputation; Buyers
Might Get Targeted More
- Another Google Book Scanning Debate & Another Publisher Group Objects
- Yahoo War -- Pit Two Terms Against Each Other To See Who Wins By Count
- On Search, Students, and Libraries
- Search Forums Roundup: Sep. 2, 2005
- Technorati Launches Technorati Blog Finder
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!