Today's search podcast covers Google hiring internet pioneer Vint Cerf as its chief internet evangelist, defining what a Google "update" is if it's not when the results "dance" around, a new way to count all the pages in Google, MSN releasing APIs for search and other services, Ask Jeeves getting smart with Katrina resources, ways to check on the quality of a charity and more!
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Google Hires Vint Cerf As Chief Internet Evangelist
- Google's Cutts Says Not An Update - I Say An Update, Just Not A Dance
- New Technique To Count All Pages In Google Index, Sort Of
- Squeezing The Search Engine Loaf For Freshness
- New MSN APIs To Be Offered
- Ask Jeeves Offers Smart Search Box with Hurricane Katrina Info
- Resources For Researching Quality Of Charities
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!