Today's search podcast covers the new Google Blog Search, Gates on the Google "honeymoon," Kai-Fu Lee getting to work for Google, sort of, Yahoo's trademark app for Y.com, AOL adding podcast search support, a new video search tool, a great course on search for UC Berkeley students and more!
Tune-in by listening to this MP3 file, listening via WebmasterRadio at 11:30am Eastern and repeated at 2pm Eastern Tuesday through Friday, via our Odeo channel or through iTunes via this link (or use alternative iTunes instructions explained here). Below are links with more information about the stories that were discussed.
- Roundup Of Google Blog Search Commentary
- Thoughts On & Poking At Google Blog Search
- Google (Finally) Offers Blog Search
- Gates Talks Google
- MSN's Developer Center is Now Live
- Google's Dr. Lee Can Recruit In China But Can't Work on Search or Speech Technologies
- Details About MSN's AdCenter Begins Emerging
- Yahoo Files For Two Trademarks
- Ask Wants Anti-Spyware Companies To Lift Warnings
- Community-Built Wikipedia's Strengths & Weaknesses
- AOL Adding Podcast Search Tools
- Sun Research Developing Audio Search Tools
- Yahoo Shopping Goes Mobile
- Mobile Search Done By Few, But Still Popular Mobile Internet Activity Overall
- Truveo: A New Video Search Tool
- The Search Stock Index
- Google's Italian Webmaster Guidelines Need Better Translation
- Awesome UC
Berkeley Class On Search & Webcasts Available
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!