Our friend and fellow Web Search University faculty member, Tara Calishain, has release yet another new RSS tool named Kebberfegg (Keyword Based RSS Feed Generator) (now that's a name for you) that makes it quick and easy to create and then receive keyword-based RSS alerts from numerous sources. At the moment, over three dozen feeds are available.
Using Kebberfegg is easy.
- First, enter your keyword strategy into the search box.
- For this demo, I'll use the query "multimedia search."
- Then, I select a category or categories of feed sources I would be interested in receiving.
- I decided to select the following categories: Web Search Engines, Technology, Press Releases, and Multimedia.
- You can choose the output as a plain ol' RSS link on an HTML or OPML, that you can import into a feed reader
- OK, I chose the HTML option and now have a page of direct RSS links (preconfigured for my "multimedia search" query, ready to add to my aggregator.
- You'll see an RSS button or a second button to add the feed directly to My Yahoo.
Where are the feeds coming from? Lot's of places. My Kebberfegg results pages included feeds from PR Newswire, Ice Rocket, and Blogdigger Audio Search.
Finally, Tara welcomes suggests for sources that offer keyword based feeds. In fact, I suggested a few early this morning and she's already added them.
Postscript: Tara, how about adding a direct link (link you do with My Yahoo) to add feeds to Bloglines?
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.