- Stick with an established domain, if you can
- Optimize for your audience, not search engines
- Research target terms extensively
- Design your site with target terms in mind
- Build a search engine friendly site
- Use descriptive links
- Create compelling copy keeping target terms in mind
- Incorporate target terms into your title tags (YES! Each page should have a unique title)
- Ensure your site is link-worthy
- Don't fixate on ranking for one particular term
Plenty of good starting places advice. Need more? Top Ten List Of Search Ranking Factors talks about a list that Rand Fishkin helped get compiled last week.
FYI, Jill was also featured in an About.com interview this week, if you want to learn more about her and her SEO philosophy. Jill's also got an SEO seminar coming up next month in Philadelphia. More details on that here.
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.